Covid-19 Update: Letter to SHE Parents
Dear Spring Hill Families,
We hope you are all hanging in there and staying healthy. In this time of uncertainty, we know many of you have questions. As we adjust to the announcement that school will be closed for the remainder of the year, the PTO Executive Board has been working behind the scenes to address questions and concerns from our parent community. Please be patient as the PTO works through the impact of COVID-19 on events, OSAs, and other items. We understand that it is hard to make arrangements when things are so fluid. We are working with everyone to determine the best path forward and rework our plans for the Spring Hill community.
Our first area of focus has been to prepare the process of refunds for purchases made and services not provided.
Fun Fair is one of the biggest fundraisers sponsored by the PTO that supports Spring Hill. We are so appreciative of the many volunteers that spent their time and effort planning and organizing this beloved event. Unfortunately, this event was cancelled due to the impact of COVID-19. In order to respond to the cancellation of Fun Fair in the simplest way possible, we are providing two options for pre-paid ticket purchases:
- Receive a Refund
- If you purchased tickets online in the PTO Shop, we will automatically issue a refund back to the credit card you used at the time of purchase. Credit card refunds will be processed by May 15, 2020.
- If you purchased your tickets in person in the Front Lobby or Back Door Pick-up area on March 10th, please email our Treasurer directly to request a check refund at email@example.com. Refund checks may take 5-7 business days to process.
- Donate Cost of Prepaid Fun Fair Tickets to SHES
- Fun Fair is one of the biggest fundraisers sponsored by the PTO. If you would like to assist in defraying the costs already incurred by the PTO and support SHES by DONATING your ticket purchase amount instead of receiving a refund, please click the button below. Spring Hill PTO is a 501(c)(3) therefore donations are tax deductible and receipts will be provided.
- By completing this form, you agree to forgo a refund of your Fun Fair ticket purchase and instead donate the full amount to the PTO. We thank you for your donation. Requests to donate must be received by April 30th.
CHESS CLUB and OSA CLASSES
- Chess Club: A refund in the amount of $72 will be issued back to the credit card used during registration for the remaining classes.
- Outside School Activities (OSA): For registration and OSA classes run by FLEX, please contact FLEX Academies directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6th GRADE PARTY
Any tickets already purchased through the PTO Shop have already been refunded to the credit card used at the time of purchase.
Funds collected by your room parents at the start of the year will be allocated to teachers. It has been recommended that Room Parents utilize their classroom funds to finish gifting their teacher for the year (Staff Appreciation Week, End-of-Year gift, and potentially a birthday gift). Any remaining funds will be put toward classroom/teaching materials, either to support distance learning this year or supplies in the fall.
If you have any other questions regarding purchases made through the PTO, please contact our Treasurer at email@example.com
We thank you for your support of the PTO throughout this school year and your patience as we react to this changing environment. We wish you and your family health and happy learning together.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to anyone on our Executive Board Team:
Treasurer – firstname.lastname@example.org
VP of Technology – email@example.com
Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
VP of Fundraising – email@example.com
Past President – firstname.lastname@example.org