Spring Hill Annual Book Fair
Monday, October 22nd – Friday, October 26th
The Spring Hill PTO’s Annual Book Fair is right around the corner! This years theme is “Dive into Reading!”. The large pod will be transformed into our very own coral reef, filled with a treasure trove of books, critical thinking games and activities for the students to explore!
Don’t forget to volunteer for a shift or two as we support our school community, promote literacy, and raise money for our school. Please follow the link to our volunteer sign-up sheet.
Come enjoy FREE ice cream scooped by Spring Hill’s wonderful teachers and staff at the Ice Cream Social! Take advantage of evening shopping hours and check out what’s on your teacher’s classroom wish list! The Book Fair will have a tremendous selection of books, critical thinking games, and gifts for all ages. Parents and community members are welcome to shop throughout the week. You don’t want to miss it!
Monday, October 22nd
Class Preview Day
12:00pm – 4:00pm
Tuesday, October 23rd
Class Preview and Shopping Day
8:20am – 4:00pm
Ice Cream Social
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Wednesday, October 24th
8:20am – 4:00pm
Thursday, October 25th
8:20am – 4:00pm
Friday, October 26th
8:20am – 10:30am
All hands on deck! We need help with setup, decorations, be a cashier, assist with class room previews and sales and much more. It takes a vast number of volunteers to make the Book Fair happen! Please volunteer for a shift or two in support of this wonderful event.
Cashiers must attend our cashier training on Tuesday, October 9th from 10-11 am in the school’s first floor computer room.
Click here for a list of jobs and Volunteer Sign-Up.
Thank you in advance for generously giving your time!
All students are invited to show off their creativity during the Book Fair Art Poster Contest! A gift certificate to the Book Fair will be awarded to one student in each grade level and to one overall winner. All artwork will be displayed at school during the Book Fair.
Submissions are due Tuesday, October 16th.
Click here for Book Fair 2018 Poster Contest rules.
Q: When will my children have a chance to go to the book fair?
- Students will visit the Book Fair with their classes on Monday 10/22 or Tuesday 10/23 to preview/browse and create a wish list that they will bring home.
- Classes will return on Wednesday 10/24 or Thursday 10/25 to shop.
- Check with your child’s teacher to determine the exact days.
- Students are permitted to shop before or after school and at any other time their teacher allows. Parents and community members are welcome to shop whenever the Book Fair is open.
Q: I’d like to buy something for a teacher. How do I know what they would like?
- All of the Teacher Wish Lists are posted on the right-hand wall as you enter the large pod. The wish lists are comprised of books and critical thinking games teachers would like to have for their classrooms.
- Simply choose an item from the list, find it at the fair, cross it off the list, and purchase it.
- Bookplates will be available for you to complete before your child delivers the book or game to their teacher or specialist. Thank you for your gift!
Q: Will sales tax be charged?
- Take advantage of tax-free shopping at the Book Fair! Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted.
Q: What is Ice Cream Social Night?
- On Tuesday 10/23, the Book Fair is open from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. Bring your family and join members of the Spring Hill community for an evening of shopping in the large pod and you can also enjoy complimentary ice cream in the cafeteria served by Spring Hill staff!
For any questions, please contact Book Fair Committee at email@example.com