Cake Walk has been a Fun Fair tradition for many years, and it relies on the talents of Spring Hill’s students to bring in their homemade cakes! So, bake and create an amazing “Candy Land” themed cake for this year’s Fun Fair Cake Decorating Contest!
Cake Decorating Contest
Friday, March 13 in the Cafeteria
Cake Decorating Guidelines
- Plan Cake Design
- Theme-Candy Land
- Go Shopping
- Cake Ingredients – NO NUTS!
- Cake Decorations
- Disposable Cake Box (sold at Walmart) or a disposable aluminum cake/broiler pan with a plastic lid (sold at grocery store)
- If you use an aluminum pan, please cover with a plastic lid so judges can see your cake-please do not cover with aluminum foil
- Bake your cake
- Decorate a cake with as little help as possible from adults! This shows your own fabulous creativity!
- Label the outside of your cake box or put a sticker on the side of aluminum pan with the following:
- Ingredients – ALL CAKES MADE WITHOUT NUTS, PLEASE
- Bring your cake to the SHE Cafeteria Friday, March 13th, before 8:50 am.
- All cakes registered to the contest will be given as prizes for the Cake Walk on Saturday, March 14th.
- Once a cake is entered to the contest, it cannot be returned to the baker.
- New This Year: Bakers and their families may not claim their own cake as a prize in the Cake Walk. Cakes will not be awarded back to the baker or their families. Cakes cannot be saved for pick-up. Once the winner has chosen a cake during Cake Walk, the winner must leave with the cake.
Contest prizes will be awarded in every grade level (K-6), plus the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders will enjoy an awards assembly hosted by Mrs. Aiello, Mr. Casey, Mrs. Briggs and Mr. Mosher on Friday, March 13 during the school day.
Saturday at Fun Fair in Room 125
For only 5 tickets, you can do the Cake Walk!
Just like musical chairs, you dance around our circle to the music. If your number is called when the song stops, you are the lucky winner who takes home a cake!
If you have any questions, please contact the Fun Fair Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.