Before and After School Enrichment
The PTO is proud to provide a variety of enrichment programs that are taught by various vendors held before and after school. These classes will enrich your child’s experience and knowledge beyond the hours of school. Please consider registering your children for one or more of our many OSA classes being offered.
- Spring Hill Elementary School Chess Club
- OSA Classes with Flex Academies
Spring Hill Elementary Online Chess Club
by David Mehler, founder of the U.S. Chess Center
The Spring Hill Chess Club has moved online! Chess Club is open to students grades 2-6 and no prior experience is necessary. The new season begins Wednesday, September 30th, and runs through Friday, January 29th.
- The fee is $110 per student.
- Students will get 30-minute lessons twice per week.
– Students will be placed in lesson groups by ability. Mr. Mehler will work with families to find convenient times for lessons.
– Lessons will be taught online by live instructors.
– There will be 30 lessons total over 15 weeks.
- Play as often as 5 times per week.
– All club members may play online at 5:00 pm Monday-Friday for no additional fee. These sessions run approximately 1 hour.
- A short club meeting will be held on Fridays at 4:55 pm.
- Eligible for participation in the Elementary Team League.
- The Elementary Team League will meet every other Saturday at 2:00 pm. Mr. Mehler will provide information to interested club members.
Registration is open from Friday, September 18th until Friday, October 9th at 5:00pm. Once registration ends, fees are non-refundable. Refunds will only be provided before the close of registration, minus a $10 service fee.
If you have any questions or need more information about lesson times please contact David Mehler at Dmehler@chessctr.org before registering.
Spring Hill PTO OSA Partnering with Flex Academies
Spring Hill will continue to partner with FLEX Academies, an industry leader in enrichment program management for SHES after school programs.
Since our lives have become virtual, FLEX has worked hard to create engaging, fun, and creative ways to help our children feel connected with one another.
Registration begins Friday, September 4th at 11:00 am. Class sizes are limited and FLEX is allowing partner schools 48 hours to register before opening the program up to outside students. Their first round of classes will run for 4 weeks from September 14th – October 9th.
Please direct all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org