Our marquee event for the year is quickly approaching – Staff Appreciation Week runs from May 6th – 10th with special events planned each day of the week. It is the SHE staff’s favorite week of the year!
This year we’ll be transforming the school into a virtual candy land, with the theme of “We are SWEET on our Spring Hill Staff!”. Planning and preparing for this event is both fun and rewarding, and we hope you’ll be a part of it.
Events for the Week – How can you help?
Download the schedule for the week HERE.
Saturday, May 4 at 9 am – Set up
The transformation begins! Come help us decorate the school entrance, hallways, and staff lounge with all sorts of sweet surprises. SIGN-UP HERE TO VOLUNTEER if you are free to help.
Monday, May 6 – Breakfast
Staff will enjoy smoothies and breakfast treats before classes start.
Tuesday, May 7 – Flowers/Fat Pete’s BBQ
- All students are asked to bring in ONE FLOWER for their teacher. When put together, each teacher will have a lovely assorted bouquet. Feel free to pick one from your garden or buy one elsewhere.
- Fat Pete’s BBQ food truck will provide lunch.
Wednesday, May 8 – Sweets & Snacks
Sweet & salty treats will be provided in the afternoon.
Thursday, May 9 – Garden Fresh Lunch
- Homemade soup and salad luncheon catered by Spring Hill families.
- Help contribute by donating soup, salads, desert, serving supplies, or gift cards. SIGN-UP HERE TO DONATE ITEMS for the lunch.
Friday, May 10 – Surprise
Homeroom students, their families and the PTO will treat staff to some of their favorite things. Contact your room parent for more information.
Friday, May 10 After School – Clean Up
Help take down decorations and clean up. SIGN-UP HERE TO VOLUNTEER.
Staff Shout Outs – Note of Appreciation
The theme of Staff Appreciation Week this year is all about the sweet tooth we have for our Spring Hill staff. So let’s show them how lucky we are with a NOTE OF APPRECIATION.
Your child will receive a Staff Shout Out template with two candies for your child to express their appreciation. Each candy may address a different staff member if your child wishes.
- Spring Hill is SWEET because:
- Please have your child write a word, phrase or picture telling us what they like about Spring Hill. It can be a teacher, a class, an activity or a favorite memory.
- Thank you for always…
- Please have your child write a word or phrase about something their teacher does for them. Anything goes here to show appreciation! It can be a thank you note, compliment, memory, picture or simply a word describing a teacher.
- Please include the name of the teacher.
- Please have your child PRINT their NAME, the TEACHER NAME, and TEACHER GRADE/SPECIAL they are writing about on the lines provided.
Have your child:
- Fill out the Staff Shout Out Candy Template.
- CUT OUT the candies
- DECORATE IT if they wish
- RETURN them to the “Staff Shout Out” envelope on their homeroom teacher’s door.
All Candy templates must be returned by Tuesday, April 30th.
We will decorate the school with these candies during Staff Appreciation Week.
Feel free to make additional copies of this template (in any color) if your child would like to do more than two.
Click here to download the full Staff Appreciation Week 2019 Guide
Thanks in advance for your support and helping the PTO show appreciation for our outstanding Spring Hill Staff. If you have any questions, please contact the Staff Appreciation Committee at email@example.com.
May 6th – 10th