Register by Friday, February 21st
Projects due Monday, February 24th
Have you ever wondered …….
- Why cutting onions make us cry?
- Why is a black hole black?
- Is there life on other planets?
- Why do we have dreams?
Science has answered these questions. Do you have an interesting problem and a solution to share?
Share your curiosity! Show us your talent and creativity! Turn a science idea that excites you into a project and submit it.
You could WIN 2 MOVIE TICKETS !!!
Register by Friday, February 21, 2020
You must fill out the Science Fair Registration Form to participate.
- Click here to REGISTER ONLINE: Spring Hill Science Fair Registration Form
- OR, go to the front office and enter your name, project title and class details on the Science Fair Sign-in Sheet.
*Registered students will receive priority for display space.
All Spring Hill students in grades K – 6th can participate.
- Your project can be:
- An invention – anything new that you designed to solve a problem.
- An experiment – someone did it before and you would like to repeat.
- A research – pictures or drawings with some description on any topic that interests you.
- Whatever you’d like to demonstrate.
- Maximum project size 2′ x 3′ for each project, subject to space limitations.
- The following are not allowed: Fire, flames, harsh chemicals, or live animals (e.g. butterflies or pets).
Participants must bring their projects to school on Monday, February 24, 2020 before 8:50 am.
Late submissions will not be considered for the 2 free movie tickets.
The projects will be set up in the large pod and will be kept for display until the Science Night on Thursday, February 27th. All Science Projects must be taken home after the Science Night, or they will be disposed of.
Participants will be presenting to the judges after school as per the schedule below :
|Kindergarten & Grade 1||Monday, February 24||3:45 – 6:00 PM|
|Grade 2 & 3||Tuesday, February 25||3:45 – 6:00 PM|
|Grade 4, 5, & 6||Wednesday, February 26||3:45 – 6:00 PM|
All projects will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity of the project
- Originality of the project
- How well can it be applied to daily life?
- Clear description of the problem/challenge
- Understanding of the solution
- Purpose of the project
- Neatness of the project
SCIENCE NIGHT and PRIZES
Join us for Science Night on February 27th, Thursday from 6:00 -7:00 PM.
Prizes will be awarded to each grade level. Grade Level Winners will receive 2 movie tickets.
We encourage you ALL to come see the display of awesome science projects by some of our talented students. Bring your family and friends for this fun-filled event as there will be PRIZES, MUSIC, and a RAFFLE.
If you have any questions, please contact the Science Fair Committee Chairs at email@example.com.