REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Fall 2023 Outside School Activities (OSA) Registration
The PTO is pleased to present a variety of engaging activities, taught by our talented Spring Hill teachers or Skilled Approved Vendors, as part of our outside school enrichment programs.
Registration begins Wednesday, September 13th and will close on Wednesday, September 20th at 10pm. LATE REGISTRATIONS CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS TIME.
Fall OSA Classes will commence on October 2nd and run until December 15th. Please carefully read and review dates and timelines for each class before registering your child.
At the close of registration on Wednesday, September 20th at 10pm, a lottery will occur, for any class where the number of registered students exceeds the capacity. All registered names will be pooled, then randomly selected until class capacity is reached. Students who are not selected via the lottery, will then be sequentially added to a waitlist for the class. The lottery process will ONLY be utilized for classes where the number of registrations exceeds capacity. Refunds will be promptly issued for students not selected via the lottery.
Confirmation of all class registrations will be sent via email by Wednesday, September 27th.
Don’t wait, please register early! Class sizes are limited. Please be sure to read the OSA Policies below prior to registration.
Registration is open to all students, with priority given to active PTO members (2023-24 dues paid). Families can join the PTO by paying $20 annual dues, which applies to all programs for the year. Non-PTO members must pay a $15 fee per class. CLICK HERE to join the PTO today!
Class Times, Dates, and Locations
1. OSA Fall session starts October 2nd and ends December 15th; unless otherwise noted on the advertised schedule of classes.
2. Classes will be held 7:45-8:30am before school and 3:45–4:45 pm after school (Chess Club runs until 5:15pm).
3. There are no activities on days that school is closed or any afternoon classes when there is an early dismissal.
4. All aspects of class offerings (locations, fees, dates, times, grade requirements, maximum/minimum enrollment and/or instructors) are subject to change.
Registration and Payment
1. Registration is open to all students, with priority given to active PTO members (2023-24 dues paid). Families can join the PTO by paying $20 annual dues. Non-PTO members must pay a $15 fee per class. Please visit www.springhillpto.org/join-the-pto to become a member of the PTO.
2. OSA registration is online only at the PTO website http://www.springhillpto.org
3. If your child does not meet the grade requirements listed for a class, you may NOT register for that class.
4. Children are not permitted to attend class without advance registration and payment. Any unregistered child who arrives for a class will be sent to the school office to await their parent.
Lottery and Waitlist
Please note that submitting your registration and payment does not guarantee participation. At the close of registration on September 20th at 10pm, a lottery will occur for any class where the number of registered students exceeds the capacity. All student names will be pooled and then randomly selected until class capacity is reached. Students who are not picked through the lottery will be sequentially added to a waitlist for the class. Refunds will be issued for students not selected via the lottery.
The lottery process will ONLY be utilized for classes where the number of registrations exceeds capacity. Confirmation of all class registrations will be sent by Wednesday, September 27th.
Withdrawals, Changes and Refunds
1. Please consider class choices carefully as refunds will NOT be given beyond the registration period, unless in the event of an oversubscribed class/lottery situation.
2. Requests to withdraw or change received prior to the close of the registration period will be refunded, minus a processing fee of $10. Please email the OSA coordinator to cancel or modify a registration (email@example.com).
3. Requests to withdraw received after the close of registration will not be refunded.
1. In the event that a class is cancelled for a particular day, we will do our best to offer a make-up class, however, a make-up class is not guaranteed.
2. In the event that your child misses class on a day that the class is held, no make-up class will be offered.
3. No refunds will be given for missed or cancelled classes.
Pick Up/Late Pick Up/Behavior
1. For Before School Classes, Children will need to be dropped off directly to their OSA Class location.
2. For After School Classes, Children will go directly to the OSA class location once released through the school dismissal process. Younger students will be assisted by teachers and school staff to ensure a smooth transition. Please be sure your child knows which day(s) they are participating in OSAs, notify their teacher and update the PickUp Patrol system.
3. Children MUST be picked up at the main entrance of school (Door #1) after each class by their parents or other designated adult, unless the class instructors have communicated an alternate pickup location (i.e. exterior gym entrance). Any students participating in SACC should return to the SACC room at the end of the OSA class, to be picked up per their usual time and process from SACC.
4. Teachers will receive a full roster of classes and participating students, from the PickUp Patrol system, so it is critical dismissal plans are updated using the schools system.
5. Parents must park in a legal parking spot while picking up their child(ren) and may not park or stand in the bus circle.
6. Parents are responsible for ensuring their children are picked up on time from OSA each day. If a parent or authorized adult arrives more than 10 minutes late to pick up a student, the OSA instructor will send a note to Spring Hill PTO OSA Coordinator to notify the late pick up. The Spring Hill PTO OSA will reach out to the parent to remind them of the policy, and alert them that they will have to pay the $25 late pick-up fee at the next class directly to the teacher. If that parent or authorized adult has two late pick-ups, the child will be removed from that OSA and may be denied from participating in future OSAs.
7. Children may be removed from participating in their class(es) and future participation may be denied if they exhibit persistent behavior problems before, during or after their classes.
For more information on OSA and class details, download the Fall 2023 OSA Class List and Schedule.