Join the 2022-23 PTO Executive Board or Chair a Committee
The PTO works to directly benefit the students at Spring Hill Elementary. We are 100% volunteer driven by parents just like you!
We have had an INCREDIBLE year with the PTO, with events like the Block Party, Book Fair, BINGO Night, Fun Fair and after-school programs. Unfortunately, without the support of volunteers from our community, particularly for roles on the Executive Board, we will not be able to offer these programs next year. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available to suit your schedule and area of interest.
Click the button below to volunteer or learn more:
The PTO Executive Board helps guide and direct our PTO activities. They are responsible for drafting the annual budget, communicating with families about events and programs, filling volunteer roles, and acting as the liaison between the PTO and school administration. The Board typically meets monthly, separate from other PTO meetings and events.
- President – We’re looking for a creative problem-solver who is comfortable delegating and can help us focus on the agenda. The President oversees and coordinates the work of the executive board, presides over PTO meetings, and serves as the official representative of the PTO. If you’re ready to play a substantial role in supporting our school, we’d love to hear from you!
- President Elect – The primary responsibility of the President Elect is to assist the president and help lead the PTO toward specific goals chosen by its members. This position can be used to gain understanding of the requirements and duties of the president, with the intent to assume the role of PTO President in the 2023-24 school year.
- VP of Fundraising – Our fundraising coordinator helps recruit sponsors from our community and local businesses, and helps plan our PTO fundraising activities for the year.
- Jr. VP of Fundraising – Shadows the VP of Fundraiser in all fundraising efforts with the intention of stepping into the VP of Fundraising position for the 2023-24 school year.
- VP of Communications – If communications and social media are your forte, then this is the role for you. This role is responsible for issuing our weekly email newsletter, the Scoop, and keeping our community informed about all upcoming events and programs via social media, email, and print.
- VP of Technology – Our lead technology resource acts as a liaison between our PTO committees and our 3rd party website management company by communicating content updates, design requirements, and other technical needs that enable us to successfully plan and execute PTO events and programs. Position filled for 2022-23 school year.
- Jr. VP of Technology – Shadows the VP of Technology on working to maintain the PTO website, with the intention of stepping into the VP of Technology position in the 2023-24 school year. Position filled for 2022-23 school year.
- Sr. Treasurer – Duties include keeping records and preparing reports to comply with local, state and federal laws, proposing and managing the PTO budget, and overseeing all PTO payments and deposits. Position filled for 2022-23 school year.
- Jr. Treasurer – Support Sr. Treasurer by managing PTO account deposits and the appropriations process, with the intention of taking on the Senior Treasurer role for the 2023-24 school year. Position filled for 2022-23 school year.
- Past President – Act as a liaison and resource for PTO functions in the prior year. Position filled for 2022-23 school year.
Committee Chair Positions
The Executive Board is supported by a number of committees and event chairs that help organize and plan key events, fundraisers and programs throughout the school year.
- Directory Chair – Work with our vendor, AtoZ Connect, to gather, verify and import student and family data that can be shared (with parent approval) via a print and online school directory. The directory is a great resource for families when planning playdates and birthday parties.
- Parent University – Work with our school counselors and family liaison to identify topics of interest and speakers for some of our PTO meetings.
- Spring Hill Cares – When a person or family in our community is in need of extra support, our Spring Hill Cares Committee steps in to assist with arranging donations of meals, services, and more.
- Community Partnerships – Thanks to the generosity of various local businesses and national vendors, there are a number of fundraising opportunities available to Spring Hill families that earn funds based on individual purchases. Partnerships with Amazon Smile, Harris Teeter, Box Tops for Education and dining out fundraising nights are easy ways for everyone to earn money for Spring Hill.
- School Supplies – Families love the idea of having a one-stop-shop to purchase all of their students’ school supplies. Our PTO lead works with our outside vendor and teachers to finalize grade-level requirements and promote sales to our Spring Hill community.
- Walk/Bike to School Day Coordinator – Promote this national event and reward participating students.
- Fun Fair Chair – Organize and plan our annual carnival and biggest fundraiser.
- Bids for Kids Auction Chair – Plan and coordinate our fundraising auction event.
- Taste of Spring Hill – Plan and coordinate our annual cultural festival, celebrating Spring Hill’s diverse community.
- Chess Club Liaison – Assist the instructor as needed during the once weekly Chess Club meetings. Set session dates for fall/winter and communicate registration details.
- Staff Appreciation – This popular PTO committee is tasked with planning a number of events throughout the year, such as a welcome back luncheon, the holiday chili luncheon, and our main event – Staff Appreciation Week in May – to show our deep gratitude for the amazing staff at Spring Hill.
- Outdoor Sign – Update the sign in front of school with upcoming dates and events. Position filled for 2022-23 school year.
- After-school Program Liaison – Work with teachers and outside vendors to offer after-school programs for students. Position filled for 2022-23 school year.
- Spirit Wear – Select and engage a vendor to provide a variety of products to show off our Panther Pride with Spirit Wear. Position filled for 2022-23 school year.
- Book Fair – Organize and plan our annual school book fair. Position filled for 2022-23 school year.
- 6th Grade Party – Organize and plan our traditional celebration for 6th graders as they bid farewell to Spring Hill. Position filled for 2022-23 school year.
- Room Parent Coordinator – Communicates with teachers at the start of the school year to recruit room parents. Provide guidelines to the room parent community throughout the year regarding funds, teacher gifts, and any special celebrations (holidays, field day, Fun Fair, etc.). Position filled for 2022-23 school year.