The appropriations process runs throughout the school year, generally completing three cycles of review per year.
• Appropriations Committee meets three times annually: December, March, May.
• A call for requests is issued via the The Scoop 2-3 weeks prior to committee meetings. Requests can be submitted by any member of the PTO (parents, faculty, staff). Requests can be emailed to the PTO Treasurer or submitted via the online form on the PTO website.
• Appropriations Committee reviews requests and recommends items for formal vote by General PTO Membership.
• A call for votes on recommended appropriations appears in The Scoop for two weeks. A non-vote is considered a vote in favor.
How to Submit an Idea for Appropriations?
Click the button below to complete the Appropriations Submission Form. You will be prompted to provide the following information:
- Name and contact information
- Details about your request
- links to photos or vendors
- Description of how it will further the mission of the PTO
PTO Mission Statement:
The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) consists of parents and teachers working together to enhance the educational experience of our children. Our PTO sponsors numerous events and programs throughout the school year with the help of many dedicated volunteers. Through its fundraising efforts, the PTO furnishes funding not included in the county school budget for school equipment, field trips, classroom funds, and cultural arts activities.
We look forward to reviewing your submissions and continuing our tradition of supporting Spring Hill Elementary.
Please contact the Treasurer at email@example.com with any questions.