Visting Author: Steven K. Smith
Students in Grades 3rd-6th will hear from this Virginia author on Friday, November 9. He has written the popular The Virginia Mysteries Series and Brother War Series. For more information, please visit Steve K. Smith’s website.
Want Your Book Autographed?
Any student wishing to have his books autographed should bring them to the library BEFORE Friday, November 9th.
Please attach a post-it with student name and teacher to help facilitate signing and return.
Please contact the librarian, Mrs. DeVylder at email@example.com with any questions.
Where FCPS funding ends,
Spring Hill families leap in!
The needs and population of our school are growing. FCPS does not have the funds to keep up with the needs of our students. We need your help! The PTO was designed to help fill the needs of our children. Where FCPS ends, Spring Hill families leap in!
In the last few years the PTO has purchased:
- $32,000 in computers to replace old ones
- $25,000 in new math workbooks the county could not pay for
- $10,500 on water fountain replacements with water bottle fillers
- $10,000 on hand air dryers to promote a greener school
- $7,000 on teacher starter funds
- $6,100 on Math Manipulatives
*These amounts DO NOT include the funds the PTO pays to subsidize field trips, educational supplies, and school beautification projects.
How can you help?
Donate to the Panther Fund/Fall Fundraiser – Suggested amount is $100 per child
Join the PTO – $10 per family
With over 1,000 children at Spring Hill Elementary if each family donated $100 per child we would have over $100,000.
Only a quarter of our families have donated to help our school so far.
Please join the fight to keep Spring Hill Elementary one of the top schools in Virginia. Imagine what we can accomplish with your help!
1. Join the PTO – Membership is just $10
2. Contribute to the Panther Fund/Fall Fundraiser – A donation of $100 per child is ideal, but no donation is to big or small. Your donations directly benefit every student through academic enrichment, technology upgrades, staff development, field trips, assemblies, family events, & more!
3. Verify and Update the SHE Directory – Deadline October 15
5. Buy Spirit Wear
6. Bonus – Volunteer with the PTO