Spring Hill Book Fair FAQs
When will Students go to the Book Fair?
Students will visit the book fair twice with their class, one time to preview books and write down what they would like, and one time to purchase books. Preview days are Monday and Tuesday, and shopping days are Wednesday and Thursday. Exact shopping times are determined by each class teacher.
What is the Used Book Drive?
New this year. We are seeking donations of gently used books that are in great condition – no missing pages, tears, or damage, please! All donated books will be gifted to The TraRon Center, non-profit after-school program that supports children with unique needs in Washington D.C. Drop-off bins will be available in the school’s main entrance starting on Oct 10.
Are parents and family members welcome to shop?
Yes! Parents and family members can shop the Book Fair during non school shopping hours. These are before school, after school, and at the Family Shopping Night. See attached calendar for exact times.
What payment methods can be used to purchase books at the Book Fair?
Cash and credit cards are the preferred payment. Checks made out to Spring Hill PTO will also be accepted.
I’d like to buy something for a teacher. How do I know what they would like?
Teacher Wish Lists will be posted on the wall in the Large Pod. Simply choose an item from the list, find it at the fair, cross it off the list, and purchase it. Bookplate stickers will be available for you to complete before your child delivers the book to their teacher or specialist. Thank you for your gift!
How can I help?
It takes a vast number of volunteers to make the book fair happen! Sign up for a shift!
Spring Hill Book Fair Poster Contest
Create an original Poster using this year’s “Book Fair Wilderness, Get Lost in a Book” theme as inspiration for a chance to win a Book Fair Gift Certificate and have your masterpiece printed on a bookmark that will be distributed throughout Spring Hill Elementary!
Deadline for Entry: Friday, October 6th
- Posters must include this year’s theme: Book Fair Wilderness, Get Lost in a Book
- Posters must include original artwork by the student created with paint, markers, crayons, etc. 3D posters are not allowed.
- Posters must be no larger than 14” x 22” (half a sheet of poster board) and no smaller than 8.5”x 11”. Students must supply their own paper.
- Students must not write their name on the front of the poster. On the back of the poster, please write the student’s name, grade and teacher.
- Only one entry per student is allowed.
- Posters must be placed in the box outside the library no later than October 6th.
There will be 1 Grand Prize Winner and a winner from each grade level. Grand prize: Printed bookmarks of your artwork distributed to the school. Grade level prizes: $5 Book Fair gift certificates. All entries will be displayed at Book Fair.