What is Bids For Kids?
Bids for Kids is the PTO’s online auction that was designed to replace the Fun Fair tradition of auctioning off class-created gift baskets. Our auction comes to life through generous donations of goods, services, gift cards, and much more by local businesses and Spring Hill parents. These items are then made available for our greater school community to bid on electronically.
This year’s Bids for Kids will consist of two opportunities to support the school:
- Online Auction (hosted by BiddingOwl.com) – open Saturday, February 1st through 10:00pm Sunday, February 9th
- Bids for Kids’ Bingo Night – a family-friendly FUNdraising event the night of Friday, February 7th
We need everyone’s help to make this fundraiser a success! Proceeds from these events will be utilized at the school through appropriations and continued support towards technology upgrades, educational enhancements, field trips, cultural arts events, teacher/staff support, and facility improvements.
If you would like to donate a product or service to the Bids for Kids auction or have any questions please contact our VP of Fundraising at email@example.com.
Bids for Kids Online Auction
Opens – Saturday, February 1st
Closes – Sunday, February 9th at 10:00 PM
The online auction will open on Saturday, February 1st and close at 10:00 pm on Sunday, February 9th. Once the auction is live you will be able to create an account, get your bidder number, and start bidding!
These are some of the amazing items that will be available:
- Free House Listing with Fass Results Group
- $1000 gift certificate from May Jewelers
- Reserved Parking Spot at Spring Hill Elementary School
- 1-week stay in a vacation home on Lake Anna
- Wine tasting class for 20 at Total Wine
- First year free new membership to Hamlet Swim & Tennis Club
- Tickets to the International Spy Museum, Sandy Springs Adventure Park, Boomerang Pirate Tours
- And much, much more!
How to View the Auction and Start Bidding:
To view the auction items follow the link to our site www.biddingowl.com/SpringHillPTO. To bid on auction items you must create a BiddingOwl account. Click the button below to register and start bidding:
How to Create a Bidding Owl Account:
- Go to https://www.biddingOwl.com/SpringHillPTO or click the button above.
- Click Register in the upper right corner to start creating your account.
- Enter your information.
- You will receive a confirmation email from BiddingOwl. You must ACTIVATE your account from this email to receive your bidding number.
- Log back into BiddingOwl after you activate your account. You can verify your bidding number under Account Details.
- Click the View Items drop down menu to view and sort through the available auction items.
- START BIDDING!
FAQs – Online Auction
Q: How will I know if I am a winner?
After the auction closes at 10pm on Sunday, February 9th, winners will be sent an invoice from BiddingOwl for each item won and the amounts owed for each winning bid.
Q: How do I pay if I am a Winner?
You will receive an invoice from BiddingOwl for the auction item(s) you won. Each invoice will include a link to payment. Follow the link and make a secure payment via PayPal on the BiddingOwl site. Once payment is received, you will receive a receipt from BiddingOwl and an email from a member of the Bids for Kids committee regarding delivery of the item(s) you won. Please note: You will have 48 hours to pay for your auction items. If payment isn’t received within 48 hours, the item will be offered to the next highest bidder.
Donate an Auction Item
If you would like to donate a product or service to be included in the Bids for Kids Auction, please contact our VP of Fundraising at firstname.lastname@example.org.